Wednesday, October 1, 2014

MY PRAYER FOR NIGERIA AT 54!


I hardly would love to blog about this but I think I should point out a few things. I am proudly Nigeria and I know a couple of people who are too. But our beloved nation is 54 years since independence, I do not intend to count the many factors mitigating development in Nigeria neither is this intended to count our many blessings like the adverse penetration of internet, the free and fair election held last summer in Ekiti or the rise of Nigeria as the number one economic giant in Africa, surpassing South Africa and Egypt, this note is an outcry to say to the elites, the educated few that it is time to make a difference.

Our fine author claimed that the 'beautiful ones are not yet born', but I say we are the beautiful ones. It is time for a positive change in Nigeria. We are the change catalyst. Let us continue to push towards a better Nigeria. I do not seek an Utopian government but all I ask is PEACE. Peace in the North, an end to Boko Haram, Ebola and the recovery of 'our girls', peace for the churches, peace in our streets and homes, peace...

I pray for Nigeria that the peace of God will reign in our land. I pray that the Almighty will arise and flood His light on our land, I pray for our leaders that they will do what is right and will not be won over by selfish desires. I pray for wisdom, understanding and the fear of God for our leaders. I pray for our spiritual leaders that they would indeed do the will of God. I pray for the youth that they will be willing to stand for righteousness...

Oh my Nigeria! My heart prays for you...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Babe, nice to read from you. Nice piece and lovely photos.

Keep going, keep growing. I love you.

- Neksis

Unknown said...

Thanks dear. I am happy to read comments from you.

Thanks for encouraging me.

I love you too. ):