Thursday, January 2, 2014

"Winnie was the Love of my life," ~Nelson Mandela.


                                                                  "Winnie was the Love of my life," ~Nelson Mandela.



Excerpt from Madiba's Journal (Imagined)
Victor Verster Prison.
Feb., 11, 1990

It was a day joy for me and my family as news spread of my release. Words could not describe the feeling, yet I knew my release did not only mean victory rather it proved the need for more work to be done in ensuring there is absolute equality in SA, without violence. Now that I think on this things, I wonder what Winnie has been up to. Oh! I love that woman. I chuckled, knowing I would see my Winnie tonight. I laughed.
Wow! I miss my wife. I sighed.

Seeing Winnie did things to my body that I thought were in fact dead. I haven't touched my wife for 27 years. The touch was heavenly.
After our first conjugal moment ( you know what I mean. Lol), and two beautiful girls as products of our reckless conjugal moments without shame and hold backs, I still find Winnie irresistible. And this is one of those moments when I can't get my hands off her. Yet we must be civil. And what exactly does that even mean? All I really want is a moment with my wife, my Winnie. I don't care what the world thinks. Please would the world let us be man and wife, for this moment at least? Alas, they won't.
I held my wife, we smiled looking into each other's eyes hopeful of what the night holds.
"No physical contact", the prison warder said.
Winnie gave him a look that removed every doubt in the warder's mind that neither of us needed his permission to do whatever we pleased.
Hear, this common ordinary jail guard who's had all the conjugal moments he wants with whoever telling me not to touch, not to touch my wife? Who made that a law? Please tell me...Pssst!
Well, we walked out of that place that day happy and glad to be man and wife again. I met Winnie young,  but my time in prison and life has definitely toughened my lady. Winnie was nothing like Evelyn, Evelyn Mase was feeble, naïve and fearful.
Now I look back with no regrets. I wonder, what would have become of me and SA if I'd have been free and if I had stuck to my first marriage and not married Winnie? But then again, I do not promote polygamy, I support freedom. Freedom for my people, equality for all, freedom for South Africa. That is my dream...

No comments: