Friday, June 13, 2014

POPULAR BRANAMA CROONER DEAD!


Today is one of those days one looks back and takes stock of their life. I woke up not knowing what to expect but reading about the death of a woman I know personally, not just on screen or the air waves has put in me emotions I cannot even begin to explain.

I met Kefee about 8years ago at her home/office in Ikeja, Lagos Nigeria when she granted me an interview for my radio show-- Gospel Splash, a gospel music show with Radio Nigeria. I loved chatting with her and I left her home/office that day feeling like we shared a bond. Years later, she responded to a message I sent her confirming that she remembers our meeting very well and part of the message she said, "Of course I rember U sis...". I hoped to interview her again here and provide exclusive gist on her recent life, however, death stole her from us. #sad.

Kefee is talented and her unique voice no one can replace. I hoped and hoped and hoped that fame did not steal her from her first love--God. I watched her earlier videos and recent videos, and though I commend her achievements, I still hoped she was the beautiful person at heart that I met who just loved God and who wanted to just go about proclaiming 'branama'. 

I am sad that Kefee died. She just left the world, just like that, dying... Oh my!!! #sighs.

Above all else, I hope her salvation was intact. I pray for her family. It is well...


No comments: